Convensa begins the improvement actions of the corridor between Monforte and Lugo (Galicia)
Convensa has started actions to improve the Monforte and Lugo corridor, actions that will enable its electrification.
The project consists of the improvement and renovation of the railway corridor that joins the towns of Monforte de Lemos and Lugo belonging to the León-A Coruña line. The project has an execution period of 7 months and an approximate budget of 6 million euros.
The necessary lowerings will be carried out for the renovation of the track that will make the geometry of the track and the existing structures (overpasses) compatible, allowing its electrification at 25 kV and improving the performance of the line: greater reliability, comfort and reduction of times Travel.
It is a project financed by the European Union through Next GenerationEU.
The actions to improve the track platform on the line that have been started consist of:
- Stabilization of trenches
- Raise and replace track
- Execution of recesses and improvement of platform with contribution of sub-ballast and ballast
- Demolition of Overpasses.
- Protection of overpasses through micropile screens.
- Improvements in the longitudinal drainage network